Proceed to the Red Channel if you are carrying:
Where is the Red Channel?
The Red Channel is located at the examination counters at the arrival halls for all modes of travel, except for travel by car through the land checkpoints.
If you are travelling by car, the Red Channel directional sign is located along the road after immigration clearance.
The Red Channel and the examination counters are manned by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA). Checks on persons, baggage and vehicles entering Singapore are conducted by ICA.
What to do at the Red Channel
At the Red Channel, please:
- Inform the checking officer of any declarable goods you are carrying; and
- Produce the prohibited or controlled goods, if any, together with the relevant permit or authorisation form
You need to present a valid Customs import permit for clearance if you are carrying (but not limited to):
- More than 0.4 kilogrammes of cigarettes or other tobacco products;
- More than 10 litres of liquor products;
- More than 10 litres of petroleum;
- More than 0.5 kilogrammes of investment precious metals for personal use;
- Goods for trade or commercial use the GST on which exceeds S$300; or
- Goods clearly marked as trade samples (excluding liquor and tobacco products) the value of which exceeds S$400
More information on permit requirements is available here. Alternatively, you may contact us on (+65) 63552000 or email us at email@example.com.
Proceed to the Green Channel if you are not carrying any declarable goods stated above. ICA officers will conduct selective checks at the Green Channel.
If in doubt, always ask the checking officers at the Red Channel or approach the Singapore Customs Tax Payment Office.
It is the responsibility of travellers to make an accurate and complete declaration of all goods exceeding their duty-free concession and GST relief in their possession, including goods carried for or on behalf of other persons.
Those who fail to do so can be fined and prosecuted in court. More information on customs offences is available here.