Authorised Transit Trader (ATT)
What is it?
Traders who frequently transit their goods through participating ASEAN Member States (AMS) could be considered to become an Authorised Transit Trader (ATT), subject to meeting stipulated requirements. With ATT status, traders could enjoy simplified procedures and certain privileges under the ASEAN Customs Transit System (ACTS).
Benefits of ATT
Subject to national criteria, traders qualified to be an ATT will be given certain privileges by the competent authorities, including loading of goods at their own premises, i.e. ATTs are allowed to start movement of goods under ACTS from the designated trader’s premises (pre-approved by Customs) without the need to present the goods and means of transport for inspection at the Customs office of Departure.
In Singapore’s context, all border clearance procedures will be carried out at Woodlands/Tuas Checkpoint for export of ACTS goods. Upon approval of the submitted ACTS declaration in the system, ATTs will be allowed to affix special seals (pre-approved by Customs) on the truck at authorised trader’s premises (pre-approved by Customs), before moving off to Tuas/Woodlands Checkpoint, where the existing domestic clearance procedures would still apply.
How to Qualify?
To qualify for the ATT status, the company must:
- Have a valid Customs Account.
- Be registered as transit traders by the Customs administration in ACTS. Traders may submit the application forms to Customs_Documentation@customs.gov.sg.
- Applicants need to have frequent transit movements and must lodge full Banker’s Guarantee.
- Applicants to self-declare and fulfil all the criteria in the ATT application form.
- Have good compliance records with Singapore Customs.
- Have adequate pre-employment screening of staff in sensitive areas and security measures to secure the safety of business and the supply chain.
How to Apply?
Qualified traders who are interested in becoming an ATT, please submit the ATT application form.
We will contact you to follow up on your application.
For further assistance, kindly contact us at email@example.com.