Company Declaration Scheme
What is it?
The Company Declaration Scheme allows approved operators in the Airport Logistics Park of Singapore (ALPS) to remove local goods or goods with its Goods and Services Tax (GST) paid or accounted for from ALPS into customs territory using a Company Declaration form, in lieu of TradeNet permits. GST will not be payable on these goods again.
Goods allowed under the Company Declaration Scheme are:
- Locally sourced GST-paid goods
- Locally manufactured goods
- Localised goods (goods previously imported and GST-paid with a valid Customs payment permit and subsequently brought back into ALPS)
The following are excluded from the scheme:
- Controlled goods
- Strategic goods
- Dutiable goods
- Goods purchased from another company within ALPS or Changi Free Trade Zone
How to Qualify?
To qualify for the Company Declaration Scheme, the company must:
- Be GST-registered with the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore
- Have a valid Customs Account
- Have good compliance records with Singapore Customs
- Be an ALPS tenant
- Have direct control and responsibility for all the goods within its facility
- Ensure 80% of the goods are for exports
- Undergo TradeFIRST assessment and attain the Enhanced Band
Accountability to Singapore Customs
- Accountable for all the goods within its warehouse premises and for the payment of GST on goods not accounted for
- Responsible for the accuracy of all information provided in the Company Declaration forms
- Inform Singapore Customs in advance of any changes to their business model or activities
- Provide assistance to Singapore Customs, including but not limited to manpower and system access for the purpose of any investigation, periodic audit, stock check and supervision operation conducted by Singapore Customs
Accountability to Other Competent Authorities
- Obtain the necessary approvals from the relevant competent authorities
- Ensure inventory records and supporting documents are properly maintained and updated
- Ensure goods with its GST paid or accounted for are easily identifiable both physically and in the inventory system
- Ensure the inventory system is able to keep track of goods removed from ALPS under the Company Declaration Scheme
Physical Security Control
- Ensure adequate security measures in and around the warehouse premises
How to Apply?
Step 1: Complete the TradeFIRST Self-Assessment Checklist.
Step 2: Prepare these supporting documents:
- Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority BizFile Report
- Audited financial statements for the past 3 years
- Title deed or tenancy agreement
- Other relevant documents
Step 3: Write to email@example.com, and attach the checklist and supporting documents.
Singapore Customs reserves the right to impose a Banker’s Guarantee or Insurance Bond, if required.
Once the application is received, we will contact you to follow up with your application.
For further assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, for urgent scheme-related matters, please contact us via our hotlines (8922 0485 and 8922 5130). Our operating hours are 8am to 6pm (Mondays to Fridays, except on public holidays).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1) My company plans to move out of ALPS permanently. Can we apply for the Company Declaration Scheme to move our goods that are GST-paid / accounted for out of ALPS without having to pay GST a second time?
No, you should not apply for the Company Declaration Scheme for the purpose of relocating out of ALPS. This is because the scheme is meant for export-oriented companies in ALPS to re-import goods that are GST-paid / accounted for into customs territory for valid business reasons.
2) How do I check if the goods are controlled or dutiable?
For dutiable goods, please refer to the List of Dutiable Goods.
For controlled items, you may check using this search engine. If a product is controlled, the “Import”, “Export” and “Transhipment” columns of the search results will indicate the Competent Authorities controlling the product.
Find out more about Competent Authorities’ Requirements for Controlled Items to handle controlled goods.