For Individuals or Parallel Importers
Once the vehicle has been purchased and shipped to Singapore, the importer may apply for an assessment of the vehicle’s customs value. An application has to be submitted for every imported unit of vehicle.
Please complete this form (for Individual Importer) or this form (for Parallel Importer) and submit it with the following documents, where applicable:
- Commercial invoice
- Bill of lading
- Freight and insurance invoices
- Bills/receipts relating to incidental charges incurred during shipment
- Full manufacturer’s specification card (a listing of standard and optional equipment on the vehicle and unique for every vehicle)
- Completion Inspection Certificate (CIC) Paper
- Registration/De-registration documents from the country of exportation
- Manufacturer’s letter confirming date of vehicle’s manufacture
- Payment documents for the purchase (for example, telegraphic transfer slip)
- Clear photos of the odometer (showing mileage), interior, exterior and engine/chassis number (for used vehicles)
Note: Parallel importers are required to register with Singapore Customs before importing dutiable motor vehicles. If you are new to importing dutiable motor vehicles as a parallel importer, please submit your registration request via Customs_TTSB@customs.gov.sg before submitting the form.