Temporary Importation/Exportation of Hand-carried Non-commercial Goods
Travellers who wish to hand-carry items belonging to an organisation for activities, such as concerts, church and school camps, into or out of Singapore for non-commercial purposes may apply to import or export such items under GST relief, subject to Singapore Customs’ approval.
- Seek approval from the Competent Authority if you are temporarily importing or exporting controlled goods. Please refer to the controlled goods for import and controlled goods for export.
Submit the following documents at least 5 working days before the date of arrival to/departure from Singapore:
- Cover letter detailing the purpose of temporary import/export
- Invitation letter/event advertisement/other documents to substantiate participation in the event
- Hotel reservation confirmation
- Any other documents as specified by Singapore Customs
You may email the documents to email@example.com for assessment.
- Upon receiving approval from Singapore Customs, please produce Singapore Customs’ approved declaration and supporting documents with the hand-carried items to checkpoint officers for clearance on your arrival into Singapore or departure from Singapore.
For hand-carried items intended to be imported into Singapore on a temporary import basis for commercial purposes, traders should obtain a Customs In-Non Payment (Temporary Consignment) permit via TradeNet as per the requirements under the TIS.