Apply/Update/Renew/Terminate Declaring Agent (DA) Account and Declarant
Declaring Agent (DA) Account and Declarant
The Declaring Agent Governance Framework aims to raise the level of proficiency and professionalism of Declaring Agents by incentivising Declaring Agents with good internal control procedures and processes and compliance records.
Please refer to the table below for the terms used on this page:
|Declaring Agent (DA)||An entity making an application for a permit, certificate, licence or any other document or form of approval (through a Declarant) on behalf of a Declaring Entity (including where the Declaring Entity is concurrently registered as that DA).|
|Declaring Entity (DE)||Any importer, exporter, shipping agent, air cargo agent, freight forwarder, common carrier or other person who would like to obtain a permit, certificate, licence or any other document or form of approval.|
|Declarant||An individual authorised by a Declaring Agent to make an application for a permit on behalf of the Declaring Agent (including where the Declaring Entity is concurrently registered as that Declaring Agent).|
Under the Framework:
- DAs need to undergo an assessment during registration and renewals.
- Individuals have to take and pass the Customs Competency Test for Declarants (SC401) before they can be registered as Declarants.
- Existing Declarants may also have to take and pass the Customs Competency Test (SC401) if they have poor compliance records with Singapore Customs or do not possess the requisite knowledge in the roles and responsibilities of a Declarant.
- All Declarants are required to maintain confidentiality of the User ID(s) and password(s) that are registered to them and shall not share them with any person.
- DAs shall ensure that it abides by the conditions issued in the customs permit.