List of Prohibited Imports and (Inward) Transhipment or goods in Transit from the DPRK
Arms and related matériel and conventional arms dual-use items set out in the lists of United Nations Security Council documents S/2016/1069, which are updated from time to time and made available on the Internet through the official United Nations website.
All items, materials, equipment, goods and technology related to nuclear programmes, ballistic missile programmes or other weapons of mass destruction programmes set out in the lists in the United Nations Security Council documents INFCIRC/254/Rev.12/Part 1, INFCIRC/254/Rev.9/Part 2, S/2014/253, S/2006/853, S/2006/853/Corr.1 and S/2016/1069 , which are updated from time to time and made available on the Internet through the official United Nations website.
All weapons of mass destruction-related items, materials, equipment, goods and technology mentioned in the Annex to the United Nations Security Council document S/2016/308, S/2017/728 and S/2017/822.
Any item that could contribute to the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea’s nuclear or ballistic missile programmes or other weapons of mass destruction programmes, activities prohibited by resolutions 1718 (2006), 1874 (2009), 2087 (2013), 2094 (2013), and 2270 (2016), or to the evasion of measures imposed by resolutions 1718 (2006), 1874 (2009), 2087 (2013), 2094 (2013), and 2270 (2016).
The following items listed in S/2009/364:
- graphite designed or specified for use in Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM) machines; and
para-aramid fibre (Kevlar and other Kevlar-like), filament and tape.
- The following items, materials, equipment, goods and technology listed in Annex III of resolution 2094 (2013) :
- perfluorinated lubricants;
- UF6 corrosion resistant bellow-sealed valves;
- special corrosion resistant steels — limited to steels resistant to Inhibited Red Fuming Nitric Acid (IRFNA) or nitric acid, such as nitrogen stabilized duplex stainless steel (N-DSS);
ultra high-temperature ceramic composite materials in solid form (i.e. blocks, cylinders, tubes or ingots) in any of the following form factors:
cylinders having a diameter of at least 120 mm and a length of at least 50 mm;
tubes having an inner diameter of at least 65 mm and a wall thickness of at least 25 mm and a length of at least 50 mm;
blocks having a size of at least 120 mm × 120 mm × 50 mm;
- pyrotechnically actuated valves;
- measurement and control equipment usable for wind tunnels (balance, thermal stream measurement, flow control);
- sodium perchlorate;
chemical weapons list:
vacuum pumps with a manufacturer’s specified maximum flow-rate greater than 1 m3/h (under standard temperature and pressure conditions), casings (pump bodies), preformed casing liners, impellers, rotors, and jet pump nozzles designed for such pumps, in which all surfaces that come into direct contact with the chemicals being processed are made from the following controlled materials:
nickel or alloys with more than 40% nickel by weight;
alloys with more than 25% nickel and 20% chromium by weight;
glass or glass-lined (including vitrified or enamelled coating);
tantalum or tantalum alloys;
titanium or titanium alloys;
zirconium or zirconium alloys;
Any item that could directly contribute to the development of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea’s operational capabilities of its armed forces or that supports or enhances the operational capabilities of armed forces of another State outside the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea.
Coal, iron, and iron ore.
Gold, titanium ore, vanadium ore and rare earth materials.
The following items, materials, equipment, goods and technology listed in Annex III of resolution 2321 (2016) :
Nuclear- and/or Missile-usable Items:
- Isocyanates (TDI (Toluene di-isocyanate), MDI (Methylene bis (phenyl isocyanate)), IPDI (Isophorone diiosocyanate), HNMDI or HDI (Hexamethylene diisocyanate), and DDI (dimeryl diisocyanate) and production equipment;
- Ammonium nitrate, chemically pure or in phase stabilized version (PSAN);
- Non-destructive test chambers with a 1m or more critical internal dimension;
- Turbo-pumps for liquid or hybrid rocket engines;
- Polymeric Substances (Hydroxyl Terminated Poly-Ether (HTPE), Hydroxyl Terminated Caprolactone Ether (HTCE), Polypropylene glycol (PPG), Polydiethyleneglycol adipate (PGA) and Polyethylene Glycol (PEG);- Inertial equipment for any application, particularly for civilian aircraft, satellite, geophysical survey applications and their associated test equipment;
- Countermeasure Subsystems and Penetration Aids (e.g. jammers, chaff, decoys) designed to saturate, confuse, or evade missile defences;
- Manganese metal Brazing Foils;
- Hydroforming machines;
- Thermal treatment furnaces — Temperature >850°C and one dimension >1m;
- Electrical Discharge Machines (EDMs);
- Friction stir welding machines;
- Modelling and design software related to the modelling of aerodynamic and thermodynamic analysis of rocket or unmanned aerial vehicle systems;
- High-speed imaging cameras except those used in medical imaging systems;
- Truck chassis with 6 or more axles;
Chemical/Biological Weapons-usable Items:
- Floor-mounted fume hoods (walk-in style) with a minimum nominal width of 2.5 meters;
- Batch centrifuges with a rotor capacity of 4 L or greater, usable with biological materials;
Fermenters with an internal volume of 10-20 L (.01-.02 cubic meters), usable with biological materials;
Copper, nickel, silver, and zinc.
- Lead, Lead Ore.
- Food and Agricultural Products (HS Code chapters 7, 8 and 12).
- Machinery (HS Code chapter 84).
- Electrical Equipment (HS Code chapter 85).
- Earth and Stone, including Magnesite and Magnesia (HS Code chapter 25).
- Wood (HS Code chapter 44).
- Vessels (HS Code chapter 89).
- Any goods that are for the purposes of trade with any person in the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea.
Note__: For a comprehensive list of UNSC sanctions, please refer to the UNSC Sanctions Committees website. Where legal advice is required, please seek advice from your legal advisors._