Petroleum and Biodiesel Blends Licences
What is it?
The Petroleum and Biodiesel Blends Licence allows approved companies to manufacture dutiable petroleum products and biodiesel blends. It also allows the storage of dutiable and non-dutiable petroleum products, and biodiesel blends in a designated area licensed by Singapore Customs, with the duty and/or Goods and Services Tax (GST) suspended. This designated area is termed as licensed premises.
There are 3 types of Petroleum and Biodiesel Blends Licences:
For the refining and production of dutiable petroleum products and biodiesel blends
- Licensed Warehouse for Petroleum
For the storage of imported or refined dutiable petroleum products and biodiesel blends with duty and GST suspended
- Bonded Warehouse for Petroleum
For the storage of imported or refined non-dutiable petroleum products and pure biodiesel with GST suspended
How to Qualify?
To qualify for a Petroleum and Biodiesel Blends Licence, the company must:
- Be GST-registered with the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore
- Have a valid Customs Account
- Have good compliance records with Singapore Customs
- Ensure the premises to be licensed is a storage-based facility with security measures in place
- Have good stock record-keeping and warehouse procedures
- Be responsible for the security, accountability and control of the goods
- Undergo TradeFIRST assessment and attain the minimum “Enhanced” band
An annual licence fee is payable when the Petroleum and Biodiesel Blends Licence is issued. The fee varies with the type of licence issued:
|Type of Petroleum Licence
||To refine and treat petroleum and biodiesel blends
||To warehouse, mix, blend or vary dutiable petroleum products and biodiesel blends
||To warehouse, mix, blend or vary non-dutiable petroleum products and pure biodiesel
How to Apply?
Step 1: Complete the TradeFIRST Self-Assessment Checklist.
Step 2: Prepare these supporting documents:
- Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority BizFile Report
- Audited financial statements for the past 3 years
- One copy of the layout plan. Please indicate the intended licensed premises, entry/exit points and security features such as closed-circuit televisions and alarm systems in the layout plan. The plans must show the address affixed with the company stamp.
- Title deed or tenancy agreement
- Other relevant documents
Step 3: Apply online.
Singapore Customs reserves the right to impose a Banker’s Guarantee or insurance bond, if required.
Once the application is successful, we will contact you to follow up with your application. For further assistance, please call 6251 3027 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.