Dutiable Motor Vehicles
Please submit the following supporting documents to the Permits Unit, Procedures & Systems Branch of Singapore Customs via email to email@example.com:
- A cover letter from the importer stating the reasons for the destruction of goods
- Surveyor, incident or other relevant reports to substantiate the damage involving the goods at any time before the removal of the goods from customs control, if applicable
- A list of goods scheduled for destruction with their description, quantity and CIF valaue
- An acceptance letter from any of the authorised scrap yards approved by the Land Transport Authority (LTA)
- Commercial invoice, Bill of Lading/Air Waybill, and Packing List for the goods (where applicable)
- Letter from LTA regarding the deregistration of the Singapore-registered motor vehicle or motorcycle
- Any other supporting documents
The importer or his appointed Declaring Agent may obtain a Customs In-Non-Payment (Destruction) permit via TradeNet before the importation. When applying, do note:
- “DUMP” must be declared in the “Place of Receipt Code” field.
- The engine number, chassis number and the status of the motor vehicle or motorcycle (used or new) must be declared in the “CA/SC Code 1”, “CA/SC Code 2” and “CA/SC Code 3” fields respectively.
- The name and address of the authorised scrap yard must be declared in the “Trader’s Remarks” field.
Please e-file for Singapore Customs’ escort and supervision of the destruction. As stated under the KS condition in the permit, the importer or his appointed Declaring Agent must submit the official receipt issued by the place of destruction or recycling and the permit to the Permits Compliance Branch of Singapore Customs within 4 working days after the clearance of the goods.