National Parks Board/Animal & Veterinary Service (Ornamental Fish)
1) The National Parks Board (NParks)/Animal & Veterinary Service (AVS), Industry Standards & Regulatory Division, Licensing Branch regulates the import and export of ornamental fish. The import of piranhas into Singapore is prohibited.
2) Please follow the steps below for the import and export of ornamental fish:
- Obtain a valid Licence to Import or Export Live Fish before the import or export of ornamental fish. You may refer to Ornamental fish (nparks.gov.sg) for more details.
- Submit the permit application to NParks/AVS (Ornamental Fish) for approval via TradeNet before the import and export with the following supporting documents:
- The invoices or packing lists with the HS Code, Product Code, Common Name, Scientific Name, Quantity, Country of Origin, and Total Value of the Consignment
- Import Health Certificates, where applicable
- CITES Certificates, where applicable, for endangered species (e.g. Asian Arowana)
3) When applying for the import and export permit, please declare full information in the following fields:
- CA Licence Number field
- Description of goods field:
- The common name
- The scientific name
- Product information fields:
- CA/SC product code
- CA/SC product code quantity field
- CA/SC product code unit of quantity field
- The Premises Code of Importer must be declared in the CA/SC Code 1 field
- The Import Health Certificate Number must be indicated in the CA/SC Code 2 field, where applicable
Please obtain written approval from NParks/AVS prior to the import of genetically-modified fish or transgenic fish.
Please comply with all conditions stated in the Cargo Clearance Permit (CCP).
4) You may refer to Ornamental fish (nparks.gov.sg) for more details on the import or export of ornamental fish and the Ornamental Fish Product Code List.