Building and Construction Authority (BCA)
The import of sand and granite are regulated by Building and Construction Authority (BCA). A customs permit must be obtained through TradeNet before the goods arrive in Singapore.
The following imports of sand and granite will be exempted from the Scheme:
- Any consignment of not more than 50 kg
- Any consignment solely for use in land reclamation works along the coast of Singapore and in any ship or vessel without landing in Singapore
Prior to the import of sand and granite regulated by BCA, a company must possess:
- a licence issued by BCA; and
- meet the Test Requirements in BCA Testing Requirements for Imported Aggregates.
For more details on BCA Testing Requirements for Imported Aggregates, please visit BCA’s website.
License application form can be obtained from:
- BCA’s Internet website, or
- BCA’s office at:
52 Jurong Gateway Road #12-01
Monday to Friday - 8.30am to 12.30pm & 1.30pm to 5.00pm.
Applicants will submit the duly completed application form by hand to BCA.
TradeNet Cargo Clearance Permit application
The following information must be declared in the CCP application:
- License Number issued by BCA;
- HS Code;
- CA/SC Product Code;
- CA/SC Product Quantity (in TNE);
- CA/SC Code 1 – Source Code;
- CA/SC Code 2 – Landing Point;
- In-transport mode;
- Port of loading code;
- Vessel Name or Vehicle Registration Number; and
- Arrival Date.
A list of BCA product codes is available here. Please use the respective product codes when making declaration for import permits.
To import your first consignment from a new source, please submit the following documents, please submit the following documents to BCA by fax at 63344250 or in your TradeNet CCP application:
- Storage Permit
- Isolation location plan
For more details on the import of sand and granite, please visit BCA’s website or contact Mr Thomas Tan at 68044556.