Building and Construction Authority (BCA)
The import of sand and granite is regulated by the Building and Construction Authority (BCA). A customs permit must be obtained through TradeNet before the goods arrive in Singapore.
The following imports of sand and granite will be exempted from the BCA Importers’ Licensing Scheme but a customs permit is still required:
- Any consignment of not more than 50 kg
- Any consignment solely for use in land reclamation works along the coast of Singapore and in any ship or vessel without landing in Singapore
Prior to the import of sand and granite regulated by BCA, a company must:
- possess a licence issued by the BCA; and
- meet the Test Requirements in BCA Testing Requirements for Imported Aggregates.
For more details on BCA Testing Requirements for Imported Aggregates, please visit BCA’s website.
Licence application form can be obtained from BCA’s website
Applicants should submit the duly completed application form to the BCA.
Applicants may approach the BCA for further enquiries:
52 Jurong Gateway Road #12-01
Operating Hours: Monday to Friday - 8.30am to 12.30pm & 1.30pm to 5.00pm
TradeNet Permit Application
The following information must be declared in the import permit application:
- CA Licence Number issued by the BCA;
- HS Code;
- CA/SC Product Code;
- CA/SC Product Quantity (in TNE);
- CA/SC Code 1 – Source Code;
- CA/SC Code 2 – Landing Point;
- In-transport Mode;
- Port of Loading;
- Vessel Name or Vehicle Registration Number; and
- Date of Arrival.
A list of BCA Product Codes is searchable here. Please use the respective Product Codes when submitting import permit applications.
To import your first consignment from a new source, please submit the following documents to the BCA via the relevant application form:
- Storage Permit
- Isolation location plan
For more details on the import of sand and granite, please visit BCA’s website.