Singapore Food Agency (Fruits and Vegetables)
The Singapore Food Agency (SFA), Licensing and Permits Group, Food Trade Department, regulates the importation and transhipment of fresh fruits and vegetables.
Please follow the steps below for the importation and transhipment:
- Download a copy of the legislation from the SFA website.
- Obtain a licence from SFA, in accordance with the Control of Plants Act.
- Prepare your permit application for submission to SFA via TradeNet.
A customs permit must be obtained through TradeNet before the goods arrive in Singapore. When applying for the Import Permit, please declare full information in the following fields:
- SFA Licence Number in the Licence/Certificate field
- CA/SC Product Code (e.g., HVL0TH for iceberg lettuce, and CA/SC Product Quantity, which is the Nett Quantity of Items, in accordance with the HS Code (e.g. 10.00))
- CA/SC Product Unit of Quantity, in accordance to HSC Code and Product Code (e.g., TNE)
Importers and transhippers have to comply with all approval conditions. You may refer to the SFA website for more details.