Importing of NA(CWC) Controlled Items
A Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC) licence is required for any import of items controlled by the NA(CWC).
In addition to the CWC licence, an approved permit is required before every import of scheduled chemicals listed by the CWC.
Advance Notification for Transfer of Schedule 1 Chemicals
Licensees that intend to import any Schedule 1 chemical from Member States must give notification to NA(CWC) before and after the transfer has been completed.
Information Required For Import Permit
If the import is not subject to the restrictions below, you may apply for an import permit via TradeNet:
|Customs Procedure Code (CPC)
|CPC should be declared as CWC
|Processing Code (PC1)
|PC1 should be left blank
|Processing Code (PC2)
|PC2 should be left blank
|Processing Code (PC3)
|PC3 should be left blank
|1. Licence number issued by NA(CWC)
2. If the item is also controlled by other Competent Authorities, please indicate both.
|1. Description of the item
2. Please state the name of the controlled chemical in the description as well. (for example, photographic solution containing triethanolamine)
|Product Harmonized System (HS) code
|CA/SC Product Code 1
|Enter the product code of the chemical (found in licence)
|CA/SC Product Code Quantity & Unit
|Enter the quantity and unit
|CA/SC Code 1
|Enter the purity of the controlled chemical (for example, 40%)
Restrictions for Import from Non-Member States
The following restrictions apply to the import of scheduled chemicals from non-Member States.
|Import From Non-Member States
|Allowed (subject to Conditions)
|Import of any Schedule 2 chemical from Non-Member States is allowed only if it meets the following condition:
1. They are product(s) containing no more than 1% by weight of a mixture of Schedule 2A or 2A* chemicals
2. They are product(s) containing no more than 10% by weight of a mixture of Schedule 2B chemicals
3. They are product(s) identified as consumer goods packaged for retail sale for personal use or packaged for individual use