Permit Application Procedures
Traders should follow these procedures to apply for permits for temporary imports for all approved purposes (excluding scientific/technical goods for experimentation/demonstration):
- Seek approval from the relevant Competent Authority (CA) if you are importing controlled goods.
- Obtain the Customs In-Non Payment (Temporary Consignment) permit via TradeNet.
Submit the following documents together with your submission of the TradeNet declaration:
Cover letter stating:
- Purpose for temporary import
- Duration of import
- Venue where the goods will be used
- CA approval letter (where applicable)
- Commercial invoice
- Packing list
- Bill of Lading/Airway Bill
- Any other documents as specified by Singapore Customs
- Produce the permit and supporting documents for endorsement by checkpoint officers during import cargo clearance.
- For re-exportation of goods imported under TIS, apply for a corresponding Customs Out (Temporary Consignment) permit via TradeNet before the actual export. The previous In-Non Payment permit number must be declared in the “Previous Permit No.” field.
- Produce the permit and supporting documents for endorsement by checkpoints officers during export cargo clearance.
- In addition to the above procedures, please also take note of additional requirements for temporary imports.