Temporary Import of Scientific or Technical Goods
Permit Application Procedures for Temporary Import of Scientific or Technical Goods
- Seek approval from the relevant Competent Authority (CA) if you are importing scientific or technical goods that are controlled.
- Submit the following supporting documents to Singapore Customs for assessment of eligibility under the TIS:
Cover letter stating:
- Purpose for temporary import
- Duration of import
- Venue where the goods will be used
- Detailed explanation of the experiment to be conducted (if applicable)
- Confirmation that the item cannot be sourced locally
- Detailed technical specification of the goods
- CA approval letter (where applicable)
- Commercial invoice
- Packing list
- Bill of Lading/Airway Bill
- Any other documents as specified by Singapore Customs
These documents can be submitted by email at email@example.com.
- Upon approval by Customs, apply for the Customs In-Non Payment (Temporary Consignment) permit via TradeNet.
- Produce the permit and supporting documents for endorsement by checkpoints officers during import cargo clearance.
- For re-exportation of goods imported under TIS, apply for a corresponding Customs Out (Temporary Consignment) permit via TradeNetbefore the actual export. The previous In-Non Payment permit number must be declared in the “Previous Permit No.” field.
- Produce the permit and supporting documents for endorsement by checkpoint officers during export cargo clearance.
- Please also take note of the additional requirements related to temporary imports.