Importing Used Household Articles and Personal Effects

Importing used household articles and personal effects into Singapore will incur Goods and Services Tax (GST).

You are required to apply for a Customs In-Payment (GST) permit to account for the import and the payment of GST.  

You may be eligible for GST relief. Please see the tabs below for more information on the criteria for GST relief, application procedures and the types of used household or personal goods permitted for import.

How to Apply for GST Relief