For personal pets that are hand-carried by the pet owner as part of his accompanied baggage through passenger terminals such as Changi Airport, Tuas Checkpoint etc, the pet owner must obtain NParks AVS’ approval
, before completing an “Application for GST Relief for Hand-Carried Used Household Articles and Personal Effects and Personal Pets
" form. The application form must be submitted at least 3 working days before the pet owner’s arrival in Singapore with the following supporting documents for verification
- NParks AVS’ approval for the importation of personal pets
- Personal identification and pass details.
Returning Singaporeans & Permanent Residents working/studying overseas
- Copy of passport and identity card (NRIC); and
- Proof of employment overseas (e.g., work permit visa, employment pass, letter of appointment)
- Proof of overseas study (e.g., student visa, student pass)
Foreign citizens transferring residence
- Copy of passport or identity card (FIN)
- Proof of transfer of residence to Singapore (e.g., employment pass, dependent pass, student pass)
- Other supporting documents (e.g., letter of employment or letter of undertaking from the local employer or in-principle approval from the Ministry of Manpower)
Clearance of Hand-carried Personal Pets
If the application is approved, the pet owner will receive an approval email on his successful GST relief application, which must be presented to the checkpoint officer at the Customs Duty Office for their verification on the day of the pet owner’s arrival.
A pet owner who hand-carries his personal pets from overseas and not eligible for GST relief shall proceed to the Customs Duty Office for the assessment and payment of GST. For more details, please refer to the above table on the procedures and requirements.
Click here for a step-by-step
guide to pet immigration in Singapore.