Competent Authorities’ Requirements for Controlled Items
All imports, exports and transhipments must be covered by the relevant permits.
If the goods are subject to control by the relevant Competent Authority (CA), you are required to comply with the respective CA’s requirements in order to prepare a correct and complete permit application.
Before you put up a permit application for controlled items, please note these 3 steps:
Step 1: Identify the item and its corresponding CA.
||Description of goods
||Colour 3 in 1 Printer Copier Fax Machine
||Notebook carrying case, leather with maximum dimensions of 56cm x 45cm x 25cm
You may refer to the link below for the Harmonized System (HS) codes of controlled items under the various CAs’ control, and the contact information of the CAs:
Step 2: Determine the category the controlled item fall under, whether it is:
Step 3: Comply with the specific CA’s requirements to avoid delays in processing, and obtain approval from the CA.
Please remember to upload the relevant supporting documents required by the CAs in your TradeNet permit application. For example, CAs such as Controller of Undesirable Publications would require applications to be attached with the supporting documents before they process the permit applications.
Competent Authorities’ Specific Requirements
1) Building and Construction Authority (BCA)
2) Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB)
3) Enterprise Singapore (ESG)
4) Health Sciences Authority (HSA)
5) Info-communications Media Development Authority (IMDA)
6) Land Transport Authority (LTA)
7) Ministry of Health (MOH)
8) Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA)
9) National Environment Agency (NEA)
10) National Parks Board (NParks)
11) Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF)
12) Singapore Customs (Customs)
13) Singapore Food Agency (SFA)
14) Singapore Police Force (SPF)